Monday, January 18, 2010

My Happy Nursery



My Happy Garden has made my nursery! I found the most adorable organic fabrics today; that I truly believe there is no way that I am changing my mind. The nursery is coming together in my head after having found these fabrics.

Why don't I show you what I bought on my day off....


{Flock}
{Birds, are you surprised? This will be the inside of the bumper and a quilt}

{Toadstools}
{I'm thinking this for the crib skirt}

{Grass Speckle}
{The other side of the bumper}

I got my polka dots, the birds, and a little extra with the toadstools. I also bought little brown pom pom fringe to put on the bottom of the bedskirt. It looks like this...



{ I think I also want the stripes}

I'm also looking for another fabric to mix in. I'd like a pretty pattern in similar colors to work around the room and potentially use on the other side of the quilt with the bird fabric. I'm looking at the following Ana Maria Horner Flannel


{diamond mine in grass}

It looks a bit too orange in this picture, but on her website in looks a lot more like the "grass speckle" above. The polka dots in the pattern are also the light blue in the fabrics above.

I'm working in a lot of organic elements; both figurative and literal into the nursery. I bought some rustic wood frames from PB and am going with a large sisal rug with a brown or tan border. I also found some cute letterpress prints on etsy that I'm considering. I'm thinking some simple stripes on two of the walls in the room would look cute too. I don't think I want to change the wall color completely since I like the natural light greyish walls, but some stripes in a lighter shade of gray or in brown/yellow/blue would look really sweet as well.

Oh yeah, I decided to sew my own stuff. I realized it's going to be super easy to make all these things and definitely more affordable than buying it or having it made. I'm also looking forward to starting a new project and using my sewing machine that hasn't gotten much use in the last month.

p.s.  I also found a seller on etsy that makes adorable stuff with organic fabrics: Organic Quilt Company Shop.

Look!



{loving the mustardy yellow!!!}

{how cute}



2 comments:

LinsyLou013 said...

I made Niah's bumper...I just bought a plain one and covered it...soo easy. I'm working on another for baby #2.

mrs shortcake said...

Berry cute!