Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Bean Bump: Week 25/26

We are coming very close to the end of the second trimester!


Week 25
{no more feet from my point-of-view. rosco loves the bump.}

{these jeans make me look tiny}

Week 26
{i bought myself a fresh gardenia while downtown shopping.}

{that fresh gardenia smelled soo fabulous.}

Week: Are we really at week 26?!
Bean Size: Mi niña, you are about fourteen inches.
Total Weight Gain: I'm up 20 lbs. ahhhh. I guess it's expected. It's a bit shocking to see my weight go up so quickly while not changing my eating habits very much and still working out. I feel bad for a bit, but then realize I've got the very important job of keeping my baby girl healthy and it makes it all worth it. It's definitely all out front.
Maternity Clothes?: Is there anything else?
Sleep: It's alrighty. I feel like I've been waking up a lot more because every time I turn from one side to the other I wake up. I've also started getting some hip pain from sleeping mostly on my left side.
Stretch Marks: Nope.
Movement: Mucho!
What I Miss: Moving easily while sleeping.
Status of the Button: It's opening up, but not popping out...yet. 
What I'm Looking Forward to: summer time with my summer baby
Best Moment this Week: Getting to see my baby girl squirming around inside. My wonderful doctor said she was putting on a show for us. =)
Preggers Bod-New and Exciting!..maybe: My bump measured perfectly according to the doctor this week- 25 inches top to bottom. The bump is definitely inching up towards my chest. I can feel my solid uterus about two inches above my belly button. I drank that yummy orange beverage for the gestational diabetes test this week! I passed. No diabetes for me. woo. 
Bean Milestones: Hi Sweetie- you've opened up your eyes and can check out that exciting uterus of mine. The books also say you've probably reached 2 lbs. Good thing because I at least have that to blame for all these pounds I'm gaining. During our appointment with the doctor this week she said you're looking great. I was lucky to get another sonogram and see those cutie legs you're always kicking me with. You're still a girly! No boy parts and you love keeping your legs crossed like a proper lady. 
Food Cravings: I'd like some chocolate cake and chocolate ice cream with my main course of sugar. We recently discovered a new-to-us Ben and Jerry's flavor and I cannot get enough. I'm usually not a fan of chocolate ice-cream, but this bean has made an exemption on this one. 
How's the Rice?: Amazing! He finally felt our little bean kick. He hasn't seen the crazy punches that make my tummy stick out in random spots, but I'm sure he will soon. Our little girl is a crazy one. 



Tid Bits: We got a family car! We're both very thankful that whole ordeal is over. It was a lot of work to do research (thank you hubby!) and find the best car for us. We ended up with a super sweet Honda Civic. It has everything both of us wanted in a new car. I wanted a black car with tinted windows and power windows and doors. The hubby wanted an affordable, secure car with power everything and a moon roof. We ended up with all those things and more. We're really stoked! I think we also decided on a middle name for the beanette! Oh yeah, I also got my maternity leave figured out. yay!

1 comment:

Elizabeth, Lawrence, Samantha, Katelyn and Calvin said...

You look great! I am also seriously craving chocolate and sweets...must be a baby girl thing :) That's so great that you got another sonogram...I don't think I'll be getting any more unless there are issues. And congrats on the car and middle name decision - we still haven't picked a first name!