Monday, December 6, 2010

Back and Better Than EVER!

In two weeks I will officially be a stay-at-home mom. I.cannot.believe.it!

I've been away from the blog a while because life has been full. Full in a good, but also in a not so good way. There's lots to say, but I think I will save it for another day or perhaps only save it for our close friends (you'll know soon, girls!) because it really is very complicated. But, the gist of it is that we're moving out of the City, closer to the hubby's work; I'm not going to work anymore, the doggies will get a yard to run in again, and I get to be at home with my baby girl every.single.day.

I turned in my letter of resignation today and I can breathe just a little better and forget the fact that I'm tired on this dreary Monday morning because life will be less complicated soon.

There are lots of pictures and stories to be told about our growing girl and I'll get to those as soon as life slows down a bit.

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

This is huge news! But it sounds great for all three of you. Eric will get home earlier, you'll get to spend all day with Amelie, and Amelie will get to spend all day with you!

I really want to hear more, so I'll try and give you a call soon. I'm glad you'll be posting more too! :)

Stephanie said...

Oh and I wanted to give you a link to this advice column, which just posted last week some great info (I think) on being an unexpected SAHM:

http://alphamom.com/pregnancy/an-unexpected-sahm-detour/

If I were to be a SAHM, I would run out right away and find a moms group to set up playdates, etc.

Maggie said...

Congratulations! That is wonderful news Nancy. I know that is really what you wanted and so I am so, so happy that you guys were able to find a way to make it work. I think it makes total sense. Babies have a way of changing the course of your life plan in unexpected ways don't they? So happy for your little family and like Stephanie, I am glad you will be able to post more. I'm ready for more pics too!

Amber said...

Congratulations Nancy!! Excellent news to hear. So happy for you, Eric, and Amelie. Way to follow your heart and make it wor! Such a wonderful way to start this new year!! Yeah!!

estefanick said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I love, love, love being a stay at home mom... but I have to be honest... I'm not home very often!!! :) I highly recommend looking into a playgroup and joining a workout program where you can bring Amelie (Stroller strides, baby boot camp, etc...) I have met so many amazing moms and Lindsey has tons of friends- it is fabulous! Wishing you all the best as you transition and move.... I'm so excited for you!! :)

Angela said...

Wow--huge news! I'm happy you were able to find a way to make staying at home work for you guys. I know all 3 of you will be much happier with all the changes. Good luck getting things done, and let us know if you want us to come over and help you move!

Elizabeth, Lawrence, Samantha, Katelyn and Calvin said...

Wow, that's great news! Congratulations on finding a way to make not working work for you :)